Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Aadhaar Card issuing Authority of India has launched android based Application “mAadhaar”. Using mAadhaar citizens of India can easily view and share updated Aadhaar profile via QR Code. It lets citizens to carry Aadhaar profile on their mobile.
This app has been launched for android platform only. Currently this application is not available for other platforms.
There are no features only to view and share updated Aadhaar profile via QR code it also includes lock and unlock bio-metric data that’s linked to Aadhaar via the app to secure their personal data, the two-dimensional bar-code, and sharing eKYC (electronic Know Your Customer) details with service providers such as telecommunications companies.
mAadhaar can be downloaded from Google Play Store, but you would need a registered Aadhaar-linked mobile number to use the app. mAadhaar will be operated based on a “Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP)” feature, instead of SMS (short messaging service)-based OTP (one-time password).
In a disclaimer, UIDAI has said that the app is currently in beta mode which means that users may face bugs and issues and some of the services will be applicable after subsequent updates.
As the Application is under Beta mode some errors are being observed by users that can be seen from comments and reviews in Play Google’s Store. Most services are functional but it have a tendency to hang and throw up errors.
Government has declared to Link most of subsidy related services to Aadhaar to avoid fake beneficiary.
- To get LPG subsidy Seed your Aadhaar number with LPG Customer number and Bank Account.
- The government has made it mandatory to link the 12-digit Aadhaar number with the 10-digit alpha-numeric PAN from July 1 to eliminate fake or multiple PANs (Permanent Account Number) held by the same person from the system.
- The government made it compulsory to link Aadhaar with bank accounts by December 31, 2017, to keep bank account operational. Failing to link Aadhaar and Bank Account will make bank account non operational.
- For getting government scholarships it’s mandatory to register Aadhaar with Bank and mention it on scholarship forms.
Download mAadhaar App from Google Play Store
To download mAadhaar Go to Google Play Store and Search for mAadhaar Please keep in mind that mAadhaar Developed by Unique Identification Authority of India is official, original and authenticated.
mAadhaar is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information viz. Name, Date of Birth, Gender & Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones.
Key Features of mAadhaar Application
1. Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
2. Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
3. TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
4. Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
5. Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
Note for Users:
Registered Mobile Number is essential to use mAadhaar app. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrollment Centre / Mobile Update End Point.